Sunday, January 11, 2009

All the Little Details...




About Me and My Style-


I am a stay at home mom to three kids, Sage, Paisley and Zoey. My interest in photography came many moons ago when I was in high school. Years later I had my first child and couldn't resist taking pictures of him. I immediately wanted to learn to take better photos. Ever since, I have been juggling being a mom and a photographer, while trying to better my photography skills.



I am a 100% natural light/on location photographer.  I love color, patterns, textures, bright accents and out of the ordinary places to photograph. Things may be close up, off center or out of focus. I may be kind of wacky and crazy but I will get the job done. Please go through my gallery to see if I am what you are looking for.



What you get when you go with me and what you are paying for- First off, the question I get asked most is if you get a disc of pictures. YES you absolutely do. I think you deserve to have the disc of the photos I take. Granted it wont be all 300 and whatever I take but you will get a disc of 15-25 edited images. However you will not own the copyright to these photos but you will be given a print release. Please, please read my info on the copyright here.

  

Most sessions are about 1 hour to 3 hours long


Rates & Session Info



Newborn: $275

I like to do newborns preferably 2 weeks and under. The session will last anywhere from 1 hour to 3 and will most likely take place at your home. Please dress you newborn in a diaper fitted loosely and swaddle to keep warm, approximately a half an hour before the session. Most of the shots will be of baby in his/her birthday suit. We can also grab a few in a plain white onesie or any other clothing you would like in a photo.

As for parents a sibling, dress yourself comfortably, white and black are always great colors if you can't decide. 

I supply the props I need i.e. bean bag, blankets, hats, bows and wraps as well as a few heaters to keep baby warm. If you have your own hats/bows/blankets/toys please don't hesitate to tell me to use them.





Maternity Session: $225 - 

I do maternity sessions anywhere between 32-36 weeks, but can accommodate those before or after that time.  This session can last anywhere from 1 to 2 hours and will include as many outfit changes as we can fit in.

Please wear what you feel comfortable in, most mothers know what they look good in our have an outfit(s) picked out. Stumped? Here are some ideas. Tight fitting tops or tanks, pre-maternity jeans–unbuttoned, or maternity jeans with the band pushed down, yoga pants, skirts, dresses, a belly band as a tube top, pretty bra and panties, even topless with strategic hand placement!. It's really a no fail, so don't stress, whatever you wear is going to show your bump. If your a visual person, Google maternity pictures and see what you might like.


Birthing Session: $450

Most people would say no to an idea like this... awkward, weird, uncomfortable... maybe. But a birth is an amazing experience for everyone involved and more often than not your photo man (dad) is going to get caught up in the moment and miss the photots you might want to remember.

Now that I have been there and done that three times, I am supremely upset that I didn't have the guts to hire a photographer for my babies big day. So being that photographer, I will take special care through your delivery and ultimately be invisible through your laboring process. I will be modest in my photo taking and also take care in editing, deleting unwanted images from my Digital negatives.

The tricky part of this session is sometimes you go into labor and no one is ready. My sessions are usually best for inductions, home births or towards the end of a pregnancy when we are all prepared and now that the time is coming. I really want to emphasize to mom, not to get her hopes up if all hell breaks loose and the baby arrives before we know it. As soon as I get a call, I will be there. But please understand, sometimes things don't always work out. That being said. I will be timely, respectful, and honest.











Family Session: $300



This session will last anywhere from 1 hour to 3 and includes up to 5 family members, each additional member is $25.


Bright happy colors work best. If you are set on everyone wearing a similar color, change up plain colored tees with pasterns. Blues, greens, yellows and pinks add a pop in photos. Layer clothing, leggings under a skirt, long sleeve under a short use scarfs, hats, bulky jewelry, headband and bows. Mix polka dots with stripes, solids with plaid, don't be afraid to mix it up, be creative and be yourself.







Senior Session: $225

 
2-3 hour session with unlimited outfit changes. Wear and bring things that will reflect who you are and what you are about. If you play sports, any hobbies you have, something you love or believe in. Wear bright colors, lots of textures, patterns. Dress how you would normally dress so we can capture you.









I serve the greater Lexington KY area with portraits, senior, family, children and newborn photography. I am an on location photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment